Thursday, August 18, 2011

Can I get you a sample?

It is almost impossible for me to make a trip to Home Depot and not spend a significant amount of time looking at all of the paint swatch cards. 

And it is also almost impossible for me not to have them mix up a sample of a new color I found. 


I, personally, am a Behr girl. 

Did you know that they have over 2000 colors?! 

Holy options Batman! 

One reason I love Behr (even though 2000 options can be a little overwhelming), is because I love how most of their swatches show a  spectrum of colors similar to one another. 


This helps me compare similar colors and chose the one that best matches my vision. 

This is about a third of my sample collection. 
Like I said, it's hard for me not to pick up a different one each time I'm there. :)


So I thought I'd share some of my favorites that I've used.

In the white/neutral category:
Ballet White: It's a soft white without being too stark or influenced by undertones of pinks/yellows/browns. 
Camembert: A LOVELY cream. It is tinged with a pale yellow. 
Frost: This is a stark white. Very crisp and clean. 

In the gray category:
Manhattan Mist: A soft gray with a twinge of a subtle subtle blue.
Subtle Touch: A white with a touch of gray; just like the name says.
Sparrow: A rich gray without looking stone-like. 

In the blue category:
Windsor Haze: Almost a stone blue with a navy touch.
Pencil Point: A deep gray with charcoal blue. 
Tropical Breeze: An almost Caribbean sky blue. 

In the jewel tone category:
Peacock Tail: It's just like it sounds. :)
Opulent: A pure golden yellow, almost mustard-like.
Teal Zeal: A modern twist on Tiffany Blue. It looks lovely with Tropical Breeze.
Cranberry Whip: A deep rich red without looking too barn red. Sophisticated. 
Grape Leaves: A saturated green. Almost Mediterranean

Obviously this isn't a comprehensive list but I love all of these colors.
Love love love.    

What are your favorite colors? 
Any suggestions for new ones to try?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. A few things I forgot to mention. :)
1. Samples are non returnable. They're about $3 so not a huge investment, but $$$ is $$$.
2. You can get them with primer mixed in, just ask for it. However they only come flat. They don't come with a gloss mixed in.
3. You can always ask for the color you choose to be mixed with less color pigment than is shown on the swatch. For example, you can ask for it with 50% pigment and then add more as wanted. However, they cannot take pigment out once added. 
4. An 8oz sample covers about 25 sq feet so they are great for small projects. 
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. I love Behr paint samples. I always check what Home Depot has on clearance and when I find a $.50 paint sample I take it and run. I just used a paint sample to paint a table top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a BEHR girl all the way! I've been around the block when it comes to paint, if you know what I mean. I did find my favorite color of all time which is actually a Sherwin Williams color (gasp!). It's called Sea Salt, the perfect gray/blue/green chameleon. I had it mixed in Behr paint the second time I used it and made it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color descriptions you gave, that really helps me out! I have such a hard time picking the right colors. I just redid some chairs and I am not happy with the yellow color I picked out, I need more of a gold - I think I'll get a sample of Opulent :-)

    I am a new blogger and your newest follower! Come check out my bolg if you get a chance :-)
    www.spruceyournest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently started trying out Behr paint and LOVE it! I have been using Benjamin Moore which I like very much as well. Behr does have a great color selection. Your tips on colors is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite colors are white,white,white, and I love white. My husband thinks. I'm crazy when I say I need new white paint,only a woman would understand, white, oh I mean right,!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By using BullionVault you can buy physical gold and silver by the gram at current exchange exchange rates.

    Your gold and silver is kept in 1 of 5 secured global vaults. And you may exchange it online or take away physical bars.

    ReplyDelete

  7. เล่นเกม สล็อตออนไลน์ โจ๊กเกอร์123 slot online ฟรีเครดิต
    https://www.slotxd.com/jokergaming123

    ReplyDelete
  8. ดูหนังแสนสนุก ดูหนังฟรี John Wick 3: Parabellum แรงกว่านรก 3 ดูหนังออนไลนืได้ง่ายๆที่นี่ที่เดียว
    https://www.doonung1234.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. ultimate forex trading platform for beginning and professional superslot

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your thoughts and comments! They bring a smile to my face!